So with all these Blu-ray dvds on sale I have been asking myself what the big deal is, why are they SO expensive, and is it worth it to make the switch???
Here are two great articles that might help you make your decision:
What I learned:
- Eventually Blu-Ray will be the norm, making older DVDs obsolete (think vhs tapes…)
- It has superior picture quality AND sound quality, which is why movie makers and distributers prefer marketing Blu-ray over standard DVDs.
- Eventually Prices WILL come down (which is also the biggest argument on why someone should wait to buy a player….you will be able to get them MUCH cheaper down the road.
Price Guide ( I Pulled these from PriceGrabber.com)
- Cheapest: $119 Sharp BD-HP21U AQUOS Blu-ray Disc Player
- Spendiest: $3, 479 Denon DVD-A1UDCI High Def Blu-Ray DVD Universal Player
By the way, anything under $300 is considered a GOOD DEAL on Blu-ray! Kind of ridiculous!
I always question the quality of certain electronic brands, and usually end up going with a brand I frequently use or have liked in the past. Which is why these are 2 GREAT deals:
Right now you can grab this LG Electronics BD370 Network Blu-ray Player with 3 Blu-Rays for only $148.87 Shipped! I like LG, I have lots of LG stuff in my house. Plus, you get 3 free movies along with it! This is a good deal! Just click the link to view titles.
Even better, if you dont want to order the 3 dvds, you can snag the SAME player for just $129.99 Shipped from BestBuy!
So there you go! If you are ready to take the plunge…I think these are good options! If you are a current Blu-ray owner, or if you have your own pros and cons, let us know what your experiences have been, and why you do or do not own one!!!!