1lb of ground beef – varies on price but roughly $3
2lb brick of precious mozzarella cheese – at Fred Meyer on sale for $4.99 with a $1.50 peelie stuck to it – Final Price = $3.50 * Stock up price*
Just in case the peelies are gone – PRINT this $1 off any cheese coupon to get it for $3.99!
1 cans of Hunts Sauce – $1 (on sale 10/$10 at Fred Meyer)
1 box Fred Meyer brand Lasagna Noodles – $1.69
1 large container of Cottage Cheese – on clearance for $.99 at Fred Meyer (they also usually have smaller sizes for 4/$5, so you could buy 2 of those)
1 egg – costs pennies!
- Cook lasagna noodles and set aside
- Grate mozzarella cheese and set aside (you probably wont use all 2 lbs)
- Brown ground beef in deep skillet – add salt and pepper and any italian seasonings you like.
- When cooked, dump 2 cans of sauce in skillet with beef
- Crack your egg into your carton of cottage cheese and stir
- Now you are ready to assemble! Start with a layer of sauce on bottom of pan. Then cover with noodles. Spoon cottage cheese/egg mixture over noodles. Spoon on beef/sauce. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Repeat layers until sauce and cottage cheese are gone. Top with extra cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes or until top cheese is nice and metly and slightly golden!